Know Your Grief is an online campaign which aims to raise grief awareness at home, the neighbourhood and the workplace.
More than 600,000 people in the UK become newly bereaved every year. Most of them suppress their grief or feel under pressure to “move on” before they are ready to do so. We want to change that by presenting the wider public with facts and figures about grief and the grieving process.
It is our aim to eliminate preconceived notions by educating the wider public about grief and the grieving process. We believe that the best way to do that is by replacing the myths about grief with facts.
We want to live in a country where bereaved people are encouraged to grieve properly without being judged or treated differently.
Our values are based on our pledge to stand up for those who are bereaved and to do more to change the wider public’s perception of grief. These core values are:
- Be more understanding of the fact that grief is the most natural reaction to loss.
- Be more supportive and listen to what those who are bereaved have to say without volunteering unsolicited advice.
- Be more encouraging and allow bereaved people to share and express their feelings in whatever way they feel appropriate.
- Be more patient and give bereaved people enough time and space to grieve.
- Be more friendly and involve the bereaved people in everyday activities, conversations and life in general.
We are starting our grief awareness campaign on social media with the hashtag #KNOWYOURGRIEF. We ask people to follow @knowyourgrief and help us spread the word by retweeting and sharing the facts we post on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. We also encourage our followers and the wider public to start their own grief awareness campaigns using the hashtag #KNOWYOURGRIEF.
Click and tap to make a difference
Your clicks and taps have the power to bring change to the lives of more than 600,000 people in the UK who will become newly bereaved this year. Put them to good use and help us raise grief awareness by retweeting and sharing the posts below. Thank you 🙏